Office Manager and Sales/Marketing coordinator
JPY plc is a software company that specialises in very technical
network products targeted mainly at the publishing industry. It
deals with business-to-business sales rather than domestic or
Customers range in size from large multinational
newspapers to small printers.
JPY both develops and distributes software, so many
of our customers are dealers who resell our products.
market philosophy is to provide high technology products in a traditional
service-orientated way. Great emphasis is placed
on predictability of service to the customer and repeat business.
We try to achieve this by:
- Building good long-term relationships
with customers, suppliers and industry partners (e.g. Apple,
- Keeping up with the latest technologies
- Under-promising and over-delivering
- Openess with the customer
- Personal service to the customer (including
- Certain and fast response to customer and supplier
- Comprehensive and accurate record keeping (digitally and
- High quality, state-of-the-art infrastructure and demonstration
- Low staff turnover
- A good working environment
office is relaxed and informal, and every attempt is made to
involve all staff
in both day-to-day and strategic planning.
This post combines the role of administratively
managing a small office with assisting in the company's sales and
There may be the opportunity to specialise in one or the other
The salary will be in the range £20,000 - £25,000
per annum with 20 days holiday per year. The working hours 8.45am
to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
Office Management Duties
- Opening, sorting and distributing the mail
- Processing customer
- Ensuring the office is kept well organised, tidy and secure
correspondence and customer records
- Liasing with service providers,
customers and suppliers
- Logging support calls
- Typing correspondence
- Compiling statistics
- Making travel arrangements
- Co-ordinating other staff and holiday
- Ordering supplies
- Looking after visitors (including making tea
Sales and Marketing Duties
- Collation of all received email supplier
leads and add to database and email-list server.
- Contacting all leads and establish level of interest and further
action (this may involve qualifying and ranking leads).
and filing all relevant trade journals – search
for relevant press items such as references to
JPY, competitors, etc.
- Preparing quotations
- Following up quotations and enquiries
- Reporting on pre-sales activity
on a weekly basis.
- Reporting on support activity on a weekly basis.
- Generating monthly
customer support renewal reminders and following up (1 day
per month) - reporting on progress
- Updating customer computer record
from email records.
- Updating support log from email records.
Opportunities for additional
- Dealing with all first-line customer enquiries.
- Demonstrating and
- Training customers.
- Organising events and seminars.
- Organising creation and circulation
of marketing materials such as product flyers, data sheets
The ideal candidate will have the following
Great personality - as a small
office working in a very innovative and creative
integrates well with the existing staff
and customers and is self motivated.
Flexible - our performance relies on
everyone's ability to share the workload
and do whatever
trivial or boring and no matter what
their current domestic pressures. No
Intelligent - Like it or not,
our products are technically complex. While it is
not essential to understand
how they work, it is
very important to understand what they
do and why the customers would
want to buy them.
Organised - This means
not always doing what is the most urgent or important
Good with IT - JPY is an IT
company, so being familiar and comfortable with
is an essential.
liking it. Experience
Macintosh computers would be very helpful.
Experienced - The more the candidate can
demonstrate having done similar roles before,
like they are to be
In for the long haul - This
post involves a lot of training. The ideal candidate
at least 5 years. Your CV must show that
you have a track-record of sticking with
from job to job.
Applying for the job
By filtering out unsuitable or agency-supplied CV's it becomes
easier for us to identify good candidates and reduces the time
it takes to complete the whole recruitment
Therefore, in order to make the short-listing process as quick
for you as possible, you
should be aware of
the information we need and criteria
will use to a draw up our short list of candidates.
If you have difficulty in meeting some of these requirements,
then we are
not the right company for
- Your application should be sent as
an email to the Managing Director, JPY plc.
The email should be
The title should be "OMSC Job Application" followed
by your name. E.g.
'OMSC Job Application - John Smith'
- Attached to your email should be the following:
- Your CV as a Microsoft Word document or PDF file. The CV
should be in your own words and designed by you (you should
be confident you can reproduce it in our
office from scratch). The CV should contain the following
- Your full name
- Your postal address
- Period you have lived at the address
- Your date of birth
- Your qualifications with dates and grades
- Your experience in reverse
- Your salary at last post
- The salary you are looking for
- A list of your outside interests
- Your sex (if not obvious from your
- A picture in JPEG or GIF format. This can be a recent
photograph of yourself or if you prefer, any other image.
Receipt of your application will be acknowledged
automatically. If we wish
to interview you, we will inform you within
We will hold at
least 2 interviews at our offices
and we will
discuss the full
If you are an
agency, please do not send candidate
to fill this